I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL, THESE TIPS ARE FROM MY OWN EXPERIANCE.
So, it’s a new year and pretty much everyone’s new years resolution is to loose weight, go to the gym or become healthier. However this can be quite hard, especially if you can’t afford a gym membership or if you don’t have a treadmill or other equipment. I am going to give you some tips on how to loose weight, without many resources.
- Drink lots of water, before and after you eat, drink water because it fills you up so you don’t eat as much.
- Eat out of a small plate, if you eat out of a large plate you are more likely to try and fill it with food, whereas with a small plate you can easily manage your portion sizes. You can always have more if you want to but you might find you are full up.
- Stay out of the kitchen, if you are in the kitchen a lot, you will start to get bored and just start snacking.
- Don’t snack between meals! snacking is the cause for most peoples weight gain.
- Keep yourself occupied. Keep yourself busy so you’re not thinking about how long it was since you ate your last meal or so you’re not thinking about what you’re going to have for lunch or dinner.
- Go for a walk. Going for a walk is a nice way to burn some calories, you get fresh air and you can clear your head.
- Avoid your car. When you can, try to avoid taking your car, try to walk, run, jog or cycle to your destination. You can save fuel and burn calories at the same time! Everybody wins!
- Cycle. If you have a bike, use it! don’t let it sit in your garage and leave it to rot!
- Go Running. set yourself achievable goals and try to exceed them, for example, ‘I’m going to run to that lamppost’ keeps running and pasts lamppost (her goal) and runs to lamppost after that. Try to run further as you keep running, build up your speed and you will be able to run longer distances in shorter times.
- Prepare Meals ahead of time. if you are a busy person with work or school, try to prepare your lunch (or breakfast – if you can ) the night before instead of in the morning.
- Always Eat Breakfast. If you skip breakfast, you can slow down your metabolism and you could put on weight. It is extremely important you don’t skip breakfast. Always make time for some.
- Join a Club. If you are at school, take advantage of the extra curricular clubs and try to go to them at lunch or after school, it’s a great way to meet new people, friends and to have fun doing it. If you don’t go to school, look out for flyers or leaflets that advertise things in your local gym, e.g. the other day a leaflet came round saying there was a fitness course at the local gym for FREE for girls to help them loose weight and gain confidence. They are really worth attending, especially if you can’t afford a gym membership or exercise equipment at home.
I hope these tips help you if you want to loose weight or get back into shape. Like I said, I am not a professional, these are just tips I am simply sharing that helped me.
Good Luck! x
Dreaming In Summer ♥